For Undergraduate CLA Students
- TBA Current Topics in Public Health: Community-Based Practices
- TBA International Service Learning
- TBA Honuras Medical Spanish Interpretation
For GBCN Students
- TBA Global Health (3 hours)
- TBA Health Systems and Policy (3 hours)
For College of Pharmacy Students
- TBA Project Development
- TBA Global Medical Missions
For School of Medicine Students
- Internal Medicine 3rd year Clerkship - ambulatory experience
LOCATION: This program may be relocated to another country.
- Brad Lian, Associate Professor, Community Medicine, School of Medicine
- Chris Scoggins, Instructor, School of Medicine
- Jose Pino, Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Nursing - TBD
- Pharmacy - TBD
Under the supervision of medical, nursing and pharmacy faculty you will have the opportunity to serve the people of rural Honduras by providing direct medical care in rural clinics. Working in partnership with Honduras Outreach International you and other Mercer medical, pharmacy, nursing and undergraduate students will learn and develop your health care clinical and cultural skills by providing medical care for those living in a medically underserved area. Traveling with you will be a team of Spanish interpreters who will assist you. You will learn how culture, economics, governmental policies, and religious beliefs affect health outcomes. This program will provide the opportunity to practice and enhance your medical Spanish skills.
For more information, e-mail MercerOnMission@mercer.edu or call (478) 301-2992.