- September 1st –November 1st , 2019: Application opens
- November 18th, 2019: Notification of Conditional Acceptance
- December 13th, 2019: Deadline for Deposit and TerraDotta Sign up
- January 10th, 2020: Training classes start
- February 7th, 2020: Passport ready (not expiring before February 2021)
CSL 210 International Service Learning: China
CHN 153S/253S/353S (CHN111 or equivalent required)
Travel Dates: June 25 - July 19, 2020
Training classes: Early May 2020 and Spring semester 2020
Service Project Description:
- MOM - China team will work with a local Chinese organization to aid underprivileged children.
- Mercer students will serve as camp leaders in a Summer English Camp for children age 8-12 years old.
- We will teach English classes, conduct STEM focused activities, establish an English book library in a local school. The curriculum will be developed on the Mercer campus during our traning classes.
- Service site: TBD (in Southeast China, Jiangsu, Anhui or Fujian), with orientation in Nanjing and debriefing in Shanghai.
- Excursion: We will visit Beijing, the Great Wall and other historical sites.
For more information, e-mail MercerOnMission@mercer.edu or call (478) 301-2992.